Sunday, May 28, 2017

Brunch Egg Casserole

It's almost Memorial Day! A lot of you will be grilling out and enjoying time with family as we remember those who gave up thier lives to protect ours! This would be perfect for a breakfast/brunch option to go with your afternoon of grilling.

This past Mother's Day, my husband's family decided to have brunch. As I was thinking of what I could bring, I came across this recipe for an egg casserole. I needed to prepare something large enough to feed 7 adults, and I thought this was a great option.

I remember when I was little my mom would make an amazing egg casserole with refrigerated biscuits & tons of cheese. Whenever we had guests over, she would make that and I would swoon... and maybe eat half the pan.

This recipe is very forgiving, so you can choose what you would like to put in the casserole. From added veggies, kale, different cheeses... you can get creative! 

*This is an overnight casserole! Get it ready the night before and pop it in the oven when you're ready to bake it the next morning!*



.
.
.
.
.
What You'll Need:
- 7 slices of bread (I used a thicker homestyle bread. The thicker the better)
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 package lil smokies, or diced ham
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup jack cheese, shredded

You can add in kale, tomato, spinach, or anything you'd like!

 Slice your bread into cubes

Brown your bacon! 

Dice up your lil smokies! (or ham)

Spread the bread cubes on the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan

Sprinkle on the bacon and lil smokies (or ham). If you want an all veggie egg bake, add in your veggies instead of meats.

Sprinkle the cheese on top of the meat

Beat the 10 eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper

Pour eggs over casserole. At this point, you are done for the night! Cover and put in the fridge.

Once you are ready to bake, uncover the casserole and bake at 350* for 30-45 minutes. 

Slice and enjoy! There isn't anything more perfect than baked cheese and eggs. Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment