Monday, May 15, 2017

Coconut Water Popsicles

There is nothing better than enjoying a nice, cold popsicle on a summer day! 

I remember when I was little and we would have Root Beer Float popsicles almost every day during the summer! The kind with ice cream in the middle... they were so good!

As much as I would love a Root Beer Float popsicle, I probably should have something a little more healthy :) 


When I lived in Boise, I drank coconut water infused with fruit daily. I thought there had to be a way to enjoy coconut water outside without it getting warm. So, I created coconut water popsicles! Coconut water is so refreshing and it has many health benefits too!

I've done a few creations: Strawberry & Kiwi, Blueberry, and Blackberry Strawberry. My favorite has been Strawberry & Kiwi!

I started with some popsicle molds. I got these from Amazon and have used them a lot! (Especially during my first trimester of pregnancy!)

.
.
.
.
.
What You'll Need:
- Popsicle molds
- 16.9 oz coconut water
- Strawberries, sliced
- Blueberries
- (any fruit you would like to have in your popsicle!)

Start by washing and drying your fruit. Get your popsicle molds ready. If you have some like the one I linked above, put them in their slots without the top on.

Next, put as much fruit in there as you would like. You can go as little or as much as it holds. Or you don't need fruit in there at all, the frozen coconut water by itself is also delicious.

After the fruit is in the molds, shake the coconut water container so the flavor that has settled on the bottom gets distributed evenly. That way, all the popsicles will have coconut flavor (If you don't shake before pouring, some popsicles will have a very faint flavor, and others will have a strong flavor).

Fill each mold up with coconut water. One thing that I've noticed with these molds are if you fill them up too much, it's harder to get the popsicle off the bottom when you are eating them. I fill mine up until just about full, maybe 1/4 inch from the top. 
(You'll use the whole container of coconut water for this)

Once they are filled, place the tops on and freeze overnight. 


When they are frozen, pop them out and enjoy! Preferably by a pool... but anywhere will work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment