Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Chocolate Chip Rhubarb Cookies

You read that right, Chocolate Chip Rhubarb Cookies! Doesn't that sound weird? I have never heard of chocolate and rhubarb together before, and was a little apprehensive how it would taste. 
My thought was... you put strawberry and rhubarb together, and chocolate and strawberry, so why not chocolate and rhubarb? Is that a normal thought process for anyone else? :)

I love, love, love rhubarb. Like most people, it took some time for me to actually love it. A celery-looking stalk that you put in desserts? No thank you. BUT THEN, I actually tried a rhubarb dessert and I was in love with that prettier looking celery stalk. It was tart and juicy... Why did it take me so long to try it?? 


Here's the thing. For me, rhubarb needs to be in something other than a custard-like dessert. Rhubarb bread? YES. Rhubarb tart? YES. Rhubarb custard pie? Meh. 


I wanted to make something different & tasty, that didn't have a custard filling. 


And then it came to me: Chocolate Chip Rhubarb Cookies!!


I'm a sucker for chocolate chip cookies. The soft, chewy, goodness with bits of chocolate... oh my. There are 7,923 ways to make chocolate chip cookies, and it took me a few years to figure out my recipe. Ever since I figured out my perfect chocolate chip cookie, I have never made any other recipe. It's love, people.


The secret ingredient that makes it so good..... pudding mix! 



(This plate was gone by 9pm)
.
.
.
.
.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix 
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 - 1 cup rhubarb, chopped small 

If you like more chocolate chips in your cookies, add more!

You want to chop your rhubarb small, but not too thin. If it's too thin, it will be hard to get the rhubarb taste. This is the perfect size.

Add the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, pudding mix, and vanilla in bowl

Mix until well blended and creamy

Beat in eggs until well mixed


Gradually add in your flour and baking soda until well mixed and dough forms

Mix in your chocolate chips and rhubarb

Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop out each cookie. Bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown

Y'ALL. If you have any rhubarb and love chocolate chip cookies, you have to give this a try. It's so good! The tart rhubarb combined with the sweet chocolate make this such a delectable cookie! Don't let the rhubarb scare you... before you know it, you'll eat the whole plate of cookies too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment